When you are having a hard day sometimes we all know there is nothing better than unleashing the kettles to have a cup of coffee. But these days you don’t have to be just a coffee lover in disguise. What if I told you that you could run your own coffee shop franchise for a small startup fee with help and training? Sounds too good to be true right? Well its not. Since franchising is becoming a very popular option in the UK for people who want to start their own business but do need training and extra help before they can go on the solo adventure of running your own business.
Statistics around the coffee industry in the UK.
The coffee industry in the past few years in the UK has seen a consistent growth. But don’t just take our word for it since below we will list some statistics around the coffee industry that may surprise you. Also the idea for this article is to have you leave with a bit more knowledge around the coffee industries customer base , industry growth and forecast future growth.
- In the UK, people drink 95 million cups of coffee per day – an increase of 25 million over the last ten years, according to the Centre for Economics and Business Research. 65% is drunk at home, 25% at work or while studying, and the rest is consumed in shops, bars and restaurants.
- While 80% of UK households prefer to buy instant coffee for in-home consumption, particularly those aged 65 and older, roast and ground coffee. And single-serve coffee pods are becoming increasingly popular. Particularly amongst Millennials who account for 16% of all buyers (British Coffee Association).
- On the high street, café culture continues to boom. 80% of people who visit coffee shops do so at least once a week, whilst 16% of us visit on a daily basis.
- The Gross Value-Added contribution from the UK coffee industry to the economy is estimated to be £9.1 billion. Whilst output contribution, including indirect and induced multiplier impacts, of £17.7 billion in 2017
- The coffee industry creates over 210,000 UK jobs.
- The £10.1bn UK coffee shop market grew by 7.9% in turnover during 2018, representing 20 consecutive years of sales and outlet growth.
What do these statistics show for the coffee industry in the UK?
We hope the almost overwhelmingly positive statistics about the coffee industry in the UK may have convinced you to have a look around for coffee shop franchise opportunities. Also what is so great about franchising is it contributes so much to the UK economy such as providing jobs. However if you are still not convinced about the coffee industry as a whole. But are interested in investing in a franchise in the UK then why not check out a UK franchise directory that offers a large range of different franchises for sale today?
Thanks for reading!
We hope this article has helped anyone looking in to running their own coffee related franchise in the UK. Also if you are still not convinced around the coffee industry but are looking to invest in a franchise I would highly recommend you browse a franchise directory for a list of different opportunities in a vast range of different sectors.